Grant Vander Vorst
Amy Webb firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Supplies List
JH/High School Staff
High School Handbook
Parents Right To Know
2019 Snow Queen Application
FCCLA News and Activities
Jump Rope for Heart
Renaissance Home Connect
Student Assistance Team
Student Health Forms
The Pirate Journal
Board Minutes 2016-2017
JULY 6, 2016 SPECIAL
JULY 2016 MINUTES
AUGUST 2016 MINUTES
Special Meeting Aug. 29, 2016
SEPTEMBER 2016 MINUTES
OCTOBER 2016 MINUTES
NOVEMBER 2016 MINTUES
DECEMBER 2016 MINUTES
JANUARY 2017 MINUTES
FEBRUARY 2017 MINUTES
March 2, 2017 Special Meeting
MARCH MINUTES 2017
APRIL MINUTES 2017
MAY 2017 MINUTES
JUNE 2017 MINUTES
Special Meeting June 26, 2017
Board Minutes 2017-2018
OCTOBER 2017 BOARD MINUTES
AUGUST 2017 MINTES
SEPTEMBER 2017 MINUTES
JULY 2017 MINUTES
NOVEMBER 2017 MINUTES
DECEMBER 2017 MINUTES
JANUARY 2018 MINUTES
FEBRUARY 2018 MINUTES
MARCH 2018 MINUTES
MARCH 20, 2018 Special Meeting
APRIL 2018 MINUTES
MAY 2018 MINUTES
JUNE 2018 MINUTES
Board Agendas 2018-2019
BOARD MINUTES 2018-19
Board Agendas 2019-2020
Board Minutes 2019-2020
> July 10 Board Agenda
July 10 Board Agenda
Highmore-Harrold School District #34-2
School Board Meeting Agenda July 10, 2017
I. Call to Order (7:00 pm)/Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approve/Amend Agenda
III. Approve minutes of June 12, 2017 Board Meeting and June 26, 2017 Special Meeting
IV. Approve Bills and Financial Reports
V. Conflicts Disclosure
1. Motion to Acknowledge that board member Rod Domke will benefit from his spouse’s contract as elementary teacher and that offering her a contract is reasonable and not contrary to the public interest.
2. Motion to Acknowledge that Superintendent Quinton Cermak will benefit from his spouse’s contract as elementary secretary and that offering her a contract is reasonable and not contrary to the public interest.
VI. Public Input
VII. Reports and Discussion Items
A. Superintendent/High School Principal’s Report
1. Job Opening update (kitchen aide)
2. Summer school wrap and summary
3. 5 year Capital Outlay discussion-athletic complex vision and preliminary planning
B. Business Managers Report
1. Motion to transfer $166,666.67 from Capital Outlay to Bond Redemption
2. 2017-2018 Budget Hearing and Means of Finance
3. Motion to Approve 3rd and final reading of 2017-2018 Budget
4. Traffic and school zone discussion/quote from Hyde County Sherriff’s office
VIII. Old Business
A. 2nd Reading of Concussion Return to Play Policy, Motion to Approve
B. Building and Grounds Update
IX. REORGANIZATION OF THE BOARD
A. Reading of Oath for members Jennifer Semmler, Michael Bollweg and Clint Buchholz
B. Vote for Board Officers-President and Vice President
X. Motion to Approve District Representatives:
A. Approve School Attorney (Rodney Freeman)
B. Designate Official Legal Newspaper (Highmore Herald)
C. Approve Heartland Bank and Quoin Bank as banks of depository for school funds.
D. Authorize Superintendent and Business Manager as official purchasing agents for the School District for the 2017-2018 school year.
E. Authorize Business Manager to be custodian of all financial accounts for the School District for the 2017-2018 school year.
F. Authorize Title I policy, Title I advisory council and authorize Mrs. Ev Wheelhouse to be Title I Director and Mr. Cermak for REAP.
G. Authorize Mr. Grant Vander Vorst to be Director of Special Education Program, Mrs. Ev Wheelhouse to be Title IX Coordinator and Mrs. Heather Trefz to be Section 504 Coordinator
H. Approve Indian Policies and Procedures
I. Designate Hyde County Sherriff as Truancy Officer
J. Appoint School lunch officer (Paula H.)
K. Approve listing of contracted salaries for the 2017-2018
L. Authorize emergency school bus assistance pact
M. Set rates for mileage, meals, lodging for authorized employees and School Board travel (current state rate is $0.42/mile): Breakfast $5.00, Lunch $9.00, Dinner $12.00 in state. Out of state: Breakfast $8.00, Lunch $11.00, Dinner $17.00
N. Set School Lunch prices for the 2017-2018 school year. Currently the prices are: K-4, $2.55; 5-12, $2.80. Recommend that lunch prices stay the same. Current milk price is $0.25. Recommend that milk price stay the same.
O. Set Breakfast prices for the 2017-2018 school year. Current prices are: K-12, $1.65; Staff, $1.95. Recommend that breakfast prices stay the same.
P. Set admission prices for varsity events and activity tickets. Currently single-event admission is: Students, $2.00; Adults $4.00. Activity tickets: Students, $20.00; Adults, $40.00; Senior citizens, $20.00. Recommend that all activity prices remain the same.
Q. Set price of Hisodak. Current price is $35.00. Recommend Hisodak price remains the same.
R. Set price for Driver’s education. Current price is $250.00. Recommend that Driver’s education price remains the same.
S. Set rate of pay for substitutes. Current rates: $80 for single day substitute teacher, $100 for long-term substitute teacher (10 plus consecutive days for the same teacher), $9.50/hr for substitute custodian and cook. Recommend stay the same.
T. Set D.A.R.E. advisor stipend at $500.
U. Set time and place for regular School Board meetings. Currently at 7:00 pm on the second Monday of each month in the high school business classroom.
V. Discussion about School Board salary
1. Currently $50 plus mileage per meeting (regular and special), can by law bump it to $75 plus mileage.
2. Committee meeting pay? (Currently receive no pay for committee meetings)
W. Appoint Board representatives:
1. Budget committee (currently Bollweg, Domke, Stephenson)
2. Negotiations committee (currently Bollweg, Haiwick, Semmler)
3. Building/Grounds committee (currently Buchholz, Knox, Stephenson)
4. Curriculum/AdvancED committee (currently Haiwick, Semmler)
5. Insurance committee (currently Buchholz, Knox, Stephenson)
6. Athletic Co-op committee (all board, Bollweg, Knox, Stephenson)
7. Crisis Management committee (currently Buchholz, Knox)
8. Transportation committee (currently Bollweg, Knox)
9. Wellness Policy Chair (currently Domke)
10. Policy Committee (currently Stephenson, Semmler, Domke)
11. Pre-School Committee (currently Semmler, Stephenson, Domke)
XI. New Business
A. Motion to Approve contract with Hand County Community Health
B. Motion to Surplus broken TV from wrestling room to be disposed of
C. Motion to Approve contract: Quinton Cermak, Junior High Football Coach
XII. Next Regular Board Meeting: Monday, August 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm
XIII. Motion to Adjourn